The Plastic Soup Foundation is looking for a student for data entry purposes. Someone who wants to be instrumental in the fight against plastic soup. Because, if we do not take action now, by 2050 there will be more plastic than fish in our oceans.
The Plastic Soup Foundation launched the Beat the Microbead campaign against microbeads in personal care products in 2012, and since then has been raising awareness about microplastics in cosmetics and toiletries. The Beat the Microbead campaign is now supported by 92 NGOs from 38 countries. We have a growing lists of products which do and do not contain microplastics, and have designed an app that scans barcodes of personal care products to detect microplastics ingredients.
The brands and companies that do not use microplastic ingredients in their cosmetic products can carry the Zero Plastic Inside logo. We now have 45 brands who have applied for the Zero and are part of the Look for the Zero campaign. More and more brands are approaching us to get the Zero logo.
The job involves:
- Data entry of products into a CMS system.
- Handling big data entries.
The ideal candidate:
- is a graduate from high school (at least Havo)
- is enthusiastic, creative and a team player
- is a fast learner
- commands excellent spoken and written English
- has a strong affinity with new media
- has their own laptop which can be used for this work
- basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS-Excel
- has great affinity with the topic of Plastic Soup and wants to make a difference together with likeminded people
The job is for 8 hours a week for a duration of 14 weeks. The job allowance is the minimum youth wage per hour. Send your motivation and C.V. (in 1 pdf) by 22nd January at the latest to Madhuri Prabhakar via madhuri[at]plasticsoupfoundation.org re: ‘BTMB part-time job application’.